Blood Donation Camp
“You don’t have to be somebody’s family member to donate blood.”
Your blood can give life to someone.
An increase of 11.6 million blood donations from voluntary unpaid donors has been reported from 2008 to 2015. In total, 78 countries collect over 90% of their blood supply from voluntary unpaid blood donors; however, 58 countries collect more than 50% of their blood supply from family/replacement or paid donors.
As per a recent study by Data Bridge Market Research, the Global Blood Collection Market accounted for USD 150.4 million in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
Along with helping save lives, there are a number of reasons why donating blood is important.
- A single donation can save three lives. One blood donation provides different blood components that can help up to three different people.
- Blood cannot be manufactured. Despite medical and technological advances, blood cannot be made, so donations are the only way we can give blood to those who need it.
- Blood is needed every two seconds. Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused in the U.S. every year.
- Only 37 percent of the country’s population is able to donate blood.
- Your friends or family may need your blood someday.
The Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization to protect human life and health based in India.It is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and so shares the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Motivated and inspired by International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) , Team Data Bridge Market Research Collaborated with local #ngo, Yashhotam Pratisthan, as there #csractivity, to raise the importance of blood donation in Maharashtra, India organized a 1-Day Blood Donation Camp at Adarsh Vidyalaya.